photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Thursday, October 25, 2012

We're Breaking Free!

(We're soaring!!! Flying!!! Sorry I couldn't resist.)

I'm pretty sure I have the desires of a four year old. I always want to stay up late, eat junk food, play instead of work, take a nap, and be pink and sparkly.

On the other hand, my concious is somewhere between a 19 year old and an 80 year old. I strive to  be productive, a morning person, eat well, exercise, learn, and inspire.

They fight a lot.

Yesterday at bible study, we talked about how typically we are slaves to our passions. If it feels good, do it! At least that's what society tells us. The media constantly shows the stuggle, yet 9 times out of 10, the desires win out.

If it feels good to eat the chocolate cake, you should definitely eat it. Nevermind the fact that your pants might not fit as well, you deserve that cake.






If you want to stay up until 3 watching old episodes of One Tree Hill on Netflix instead of going to sleep, you should do it! Nevermind the fact that you have a class at 9 am and if you don't get 7 hours of sleep you are cranky all day.





The list goes on and on. We put off the things we should do, that will benefit us in the long run, for the instant gratification.

I fought this last night, and I am sorry to say that I lost. I had a really hard spanish essay to prepare for, 2 assignments for costume design, a philosophy essay to write, and a long list of other to-do's. 



Source: oddee.com via Rachel on Pinterest



I quit in the middle of my spanish essay.

It was hard! And it was late, I was tired, cranky, and all I wanted was my bed. I still went to sleep late, and now I have to spend today playing catch up. Y'all, I have to quit that. I cannot let the four year old win. I have a to-do list, and it must get done.



Growing up is hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment