photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Music


A bit into my background, I have been singing my whole life. I remember singing along to Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" in the car with my mom, singing along to "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" with my daddy as he rocked me to sleep as a child, and singing along to Radio Disney with my long time friend Madelyn. I first joined church choir when I was 7, and have been singing in some sort of choir ever since. My senior year of high school I sang in our varsity choir, Triple Trio, in which I had the privilege of performing at the Texas Rennaisance Festival.




(A few of the guys from the varsity boy's choir with Spencer and I. Together we made the Double Triple Trio. Quick! How many people are in the Double Triple Trio?)

So it's safe to say that music is a huge part of my life. I love all types, with my two favorites being Country and Christian. I got into Christian Music my Sophomore year, when our church challenged us to only listen to that genre for 40 days. Long story short, I was hooked. 

It's intreresting to me to see how my music tastes have changed throughout the years. I am able to see chronologically the music I've bought thanks to iTunes (I'm also able to see how much money I have spent... yikes). From 2006 to now it has gone from mostly disney, to pop, to rap, to country, to christian. Now that's the majority of what I listen to. I think that music can express things that we have trouble speaking. It adds a new layer to prayer, after all, singing is praying twice. 

With that, I thought that I would share with you my top ten Christian songs of the moment: 

10: The Proof of Your Love by King and Country

"Let my life be the proof, the proof of Your love. Let my love look like You and what You're made of. How You lived, how You died, love of sacrifice. Let my life be the proof, the proof of Your love."

9:Hosanna by Hillsong Live

"Heal my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like You have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks Yours. Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause as I go from earth into eternity"

8: Running by Claus (feat. Kari Jobe)

"I am running, running after You. You've become my soul's delight. I am running, running after You. Here with You I find my life."

7:Sing over Your Children by Matt Maher

"Out of the depths You cry 'Come and be satisfied.' Father You sing, Father You sing, over Your children. Let us see through Your eyes. We are Your great delight. Father You sing, Father You sing, over Your children."

6:Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Cultures

"You stay the same through the ages. Your love never changes. There may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning. And when the oceans rage, I don't have to be afraid because I know that You love me. Your love never fails"

5: He Said by Group 1 Crew

"Don't forget what He said. He said 'I won't give you more, more than you can take and I might let you bend, but I won't let you break. You know I'm never ever letting go.' Don't you forget what He said."

4:Forever Reign by Hillsong Live

"Oh, I'm running to Your arms, I'm running to Your arms. The riches of Your love will always be enough. Nothing compares to Your embrace. Light of the world forever reign!"

3:Satisfy by Mark Swayze Band

"Satisfy my soul. Be the air I breathe. Satisfy my soul. You are all I need."

2:Here with Us by Joy Willams

"Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Heaven's love reaching down to save the world. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Son of God, Servant, King, here with us!"

1: With Everything by Hillsong Live

"Jesus our God, great and mighty to be praised! God of all things, glorious in all of Your ways. Your majesty, the wonder and grace, in the light of Your name."

1 comment: