photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Collins had a fire drill at 4:30 this morning...

...luckily A (my roommate) and I were still up.

Why we were still up at 430 in the morning? I'm so glad you asked!

1) I am addicted to coffee and so is she, so we were not tired yet and
2) I had a not so great evening and was upset, so A took me to Whataburger for a taquito (yummmmmm), we watched Rent, and gabbed like girls until 430.



We then dealt with the fire drill (which we didn't know was a drill. I may or may not have saved my Bible...and my Revas. Priorities?) and talked for another hour or so about how incomprehensible the love God has for us.

I thank God for my roommate.



I haven't ever lived with someone before. It is a learning experience for both of us

(i.e. When she takes funny videos of herself on my iPad, there is a good chance they will be sent to our friends. & For me, I have learned that headphones are good things that I should use when skyping or listening to music while we are both studying.)

but we are having so much fun! Our room is like an eternal sleepover. I once walked in at 2:30 and exclaimed "I want to play dress up!" (yes. I'm four.). A, instead of rolling over and going to sleep, hopped out of bed and we created outfits for an hour. Were we tired the next day? Definitely. Was it worth it? Oh yea.

Tonight is another great example. I was fully expecting to curl up in my bed and sob for a little while but A pulled me out of bed and took care of me. We had some great conversation, a few tears, and a lot of laughs. #collegelife

My roommate is wonderful, and I am so very blessed to share this year with her. I think that the Lord has placed us in each others lives for a reason.

Think about the people around you. Why are they there? Do you glorify God in your relationships with others? Try to spend today doing that and thank Him for those people He has gifted you with.




No comments:

Post a Comment