photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Book Review: A Bride Most Begrudging

I am such an avid reader. I can still remember the first time I dicovered the magic of books. I was 7 years old and my cousin had given me "Junie B Jones and Handsome Warren". I sat on my grandma's couch and read that book cover to cover without stopping. 

You might say that is when the monster was created. 

I devour books. 

There is nothing more relaxing to me than curling up with a good piece of literature and spending hours immersed in another world. 

That was basically my Saturday. I awoke to pouring rain and chilly temperatures. Instead of going out into the mud and muck I spent it curled up all snuggly in my bed with A Bride Most Begrudging  by Deeanne Gist. 


Oh what a read! The story is about Lady Constance Morrow, an English woman kidnapped and taken to colonial America. She is then sold as a tobacco bride to Drew O'Connor, a wealthy tobacco farmer. That is all I am going to give you about the plot, because I highly encourage you to read it yourself! The writing is outstanding, full of colorful language and well researched content about life in colonial America. It made me laugh out loud many a time, as well as sob during parts. Another thing I love about it is that it is Christian Fiction. I have read Mrs. Gist before, and she write characters with a heart for the Lord, which is a great thing to read about. Her works glorify the Lord who gave her the gift of writing and its great. 

So if you are looking for a good book I would recommend this one for sure! It is amazing and I think you will thouroughly enjoy it. 

(Ps- Birthday countdown.... 2 down 2 to go! EEEEEEEEEEKKKK)



No comments:

Post a Comment