photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Monday, July 1, 2013

Prayer for the Week: First Day of the Internship!!

This is it. I am 2 hours away from starting a month long writing internship at Movieguide.org. These plans have been in the works for 3 months, yet now that the morning is actually here it feels a bit like a dream. My father (glorious man that he is) flew down here with me on Saturday to get me situated and help with the rental car situation (Have you ever tried to rent a car at 19? It's akin to trying to rent a child. Try it. Doesn't happen as easily as one would hope). We spent the weekend traveling around my new area, discovering new restaurants, churches, shopping, & a beach or two. It's been so lovely spending this weekend with him just the two of us. 


We woke up at a bright 5:15 AM to get ready for the day. It was supposed to take us 45 minutes to get to the rental place, and knowing LA traffic, we wanted to allow wriggle room. So we left at 615. And got here at 7. Maybe it's the holiday or perhaps the sun only being up for about 30 minutes but there was absolutely NO TRAFFIC. It was swell. Now we are sitting at a Starbucks relaxing. Well… he is relaxing while I am trying to calm the butterflies in my stomach that seem to be getting more hyper by the second. I am so excited for this opportunity and want to do the best that I can. Perhaps a little divine intervention will help. If you feel so inclined, please help me pray for this week. 

Dear Lord,
Thank You for opportunities. Thank You for save travels. Thank you for traffic free mornings. Thank you for butterflies and pretty weather and coffee. Creator God, you are so magnificent that we want to imitate Your creativity. Please help us this week to do just that and to do it for the glory of Your kingdom. I humbly ask that You make us worthy servants of Your will and of Your plan. Without You none of this makes sense. Keep us mindful of that as we go through this week. Father I plead that You are right beside us this week as we walk through it. Keep our paths straight and our eyes fixed upon Your face. We love you Lord. Help us to do it better. 

In Your Son Jesus's Name, through the intercession of Our Mother,
Amen.

Have a wonderful wonderful week y'all!

(Here are some pictures from this weekend) 



Airplane travel made comfy. Pilcro Jeans from Anthro are the most comfortable things ever. Buy them in every color. 
Shameless Selfies :) 
Hunnington Beach on Sunday 
The pretty mission style church St. Mary Magdalene 



This meal rocked my socks off and was totally Paleo! Balsamic Vinegar Pork Chop over sweet potato smashers and broccoli. Y. U. M. 

Some of my favorite pictures from Sunday's Church hunt :) 



Starbucks selfies this morning ;) 


Did I overpack? Yes. But the Girl Scouts always told me to be prepared! 

Kate from Lizzie McGuire would be oh so upset at me because I am outfit repeating. I wore this my first day at Anthro and it brought me luck! I hope it does the same today!









No comments:

Post a Comment