photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Monday, July 29, 2013

Prayer for the Week: Trust during the Walk

There are days where God is so very visible. Days where every step seems Divinely planned and the path is paved and the journey is easy.

But then there are others. Days where things go wrong. Days where I embarrass myself. When I am inconsiderate, unloving, weak, or rude. When there is incredibly bad traffic (which is enough to make me turn into Goliath), or someone hurts my feelings. When I fail to remember the simple "Behold I AM with thee until the end of time". It is during those days that I get frustrated with the Lord. I complain that I cannot feel Him near me and sarcastically comment "anytime now!"

The thing I have to remember is that God never promised that it would be easy. He did not say that following Him would lead to a lifetime of smooth sailing. In fact, He said the opposite.

"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you."
John 15:18

So when I have those days (the hard ones) I should take comfort in the fact that, while it's still a difficult road, God is walking with me the entire time. There is a song by Group 1 Crew that reminds me of this:

"Don't forget what He said. He said 'I won't give you more than you can take and I might let you bend but I won't let you break. You know I'll never ever let you go.'"

Scripture tells us to trust in His protection: 

"He will cover you with His feathers,
    and under His wings you will find refuge;
    His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
 You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
 A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you."
Psalm 91:4-7

Dear Lord,

Thank You for walking with me. Thank You for planning my pathways on the good days and even the bad ones. Father I pray that, no matter how hard the steps become, they always point towards You. Help me to move closer and closer with each step. Give me the determination to journey with integrity, faithfulness, and joy. As my time here in California comes to a close, help me to finish strong. Thank You for the opportunity to serve You out here, and please bless everyone I have met along the way. Thank You for Your grace. Thank You for Your peace. Please help us to glorify You in all that we do. 

In Your Son's most precious and holy Name,
Amen. 





1 comment:

  1. Super cute new look, girlie-Q! I just love your heart, and your blog, and am missing you dearly :) I'll be passing through Baylor for a brief day at the start of the semester before driving to Seattle and would love to see you! Praise the Lord for the blogging community and getting to follow your adventures here, too!

    ReplyDelete