photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Little Taste of Infinity



There's this coffee shop in the Wack. It's called Common Grounds and it's one of my favorite places. There are a myraid of reasons for this: cozy furniture, the cowboy coffee, & cute baristas. But without a doubt my favorite thing about it is that sometimes when I am there, I get a taste of infinity.

A taste of infinity is when your soul swells. It's something that creates a huge smile, a clearness of thought, a lightness of being. It's those moments that you really really don't want to end. 

I get that feeling when I'm having coffee with a good friend. One Monday my Tri Delta Big (she's the greatest) met me at CG and we spent an hour catching up over some iced Cowboy's (tee hee). It was one of those hours that went by in a blink and I seriously did not want to leave. But the real world did not slow down, and we had to jump back in. The hour recharged me however and it was easier to keep up.

My lovely Big :) 

I think that's the point of those moments, those glimpses of infinity. They recharge us for dealing with the other things. All of the deadlines, the stress, the fighting, the lack of sleep, the yuck, the ick, the blah, all of it is made better after one of these encounters. 

I starting marinating on this and came up with my things that give me "moments of infinity" 

-Mass & Adoration 
-Good conversation
-Coffee
-Crafting
-Baking
-Long drives with good music
-A really good book

The great thing about having a list like this is that I know where to run when I need a power boost. When the weight of the world is too heavy, an hour doing one of these things gives me strength to lift it up a bit higher for a bit longer. 

These things make me think of Heaven. These little tastes that I want to go on forever is what I imagine heaven to be like. It's the eternal smile, light heart, clear head, and content soul. Union with God will be like that. The most wonderful thing about that is that it won't end. It's an eternity feeling perfectly content because we will be united with He from whom all content-ness flows. How enticing! Until that day comes though I will take comfort in my earthly moments of infinity.

What are your moments of infinity?? Make sure to thank Him for those moments today!

xoxo, Rachel 



1 comment:

  1. Listening and reading your words of wisdom is one of my moments. Glad to see you posting again!!

    ReplyDelete