photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Finding Your Passion

So I've shared that I am no longer a theatre major. (You can check that out here if you're catching up) While it is exhilarating being apart from that lifestyle for the first time in my life, it's also scary as heck. 

I've been following one path for 15 years. Fifteen years. Now that I have stepped off, I have an infinite number to choose from. But the problem is that there are an infinite number to choose from. Before I got all bent out of shape, I recalled Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "Plans for your welfare and not for woe, plans to give you hope and a future." 

Oh yea. Forgot about that. I don't have to choose which way to go based on myself alone. I get to discern that road with God, who created the whole pathway system, standing right beside me. What a relief! 

Better than that, the Lord gave us clues pointing to the mission He prepared for us. These clues are the tools we will need to achieve our mission. Our talents. What are those things that you are really good at?? What would you like to spend the most time doing?? God gave you gifts for a reason and it is our duty to use them well. 

I've been discovering some of my own more fully this summer. Being out in California for a month as a writing intern has really challenged me to hone my skills, and I have been able to see the types of writing that I am good at, as well as some that challenge me. I love writing editorially (and people wonder why I have a blog) as well as writing movie reviews. I'm not very good at news pieces though. I've also learned how to interview people, and how to successfully communicate myself to fellow employees. 

It ain't much, but it's a start and I am fully confident that the Lord will use those things for His will. 

Who knows what will happen?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment