photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Healthy... blah

Okay lovely people I'm about to get real with y'all...

I've gained some weight.

Yeesh that's so embarrassing to say! Yet I think a huge first step to conquering an issue is admitting there is a problem. So that is what I am doing.




Food in college is tricky... it seems like there are days when I don't eat at all and others where I eat like it is my last meal. I think that part of this is a time management issue... and another part is will power. As in, I have none. The chick fil a in the SUB is so delicious and easy, I have an incredibly hard time turning it down. Burgers and coffee and baked goods are so yummy and they always seem to end up in my tummy. I'm coming up on my 8th week here, and while this isn't a full blown issue yet (i.e. my clothes still fit well even though they are a bit more snug) I would preferably like to get it under control now.

So here is my plan:



1) EXERCISE THREE TIMES A WEEK! This is my one goal that I am having particular trouble with. Aka: haven't done it once. Not one single time. This must change people. My healthy pinterest page (check it out!) will get some use. I want to run the bear trail, take a Zumba class, and maybe even brave the workout room at the SLC. Oh boy.
*UPDATE* Ran my first 3 and half miles on the Bear Trail yesterday.... sore muscles? You betcha.



2)Plan out where and when I am going to eat each day. I know this is going to be tricky. Sometimes spontaneity happens and plans will change, but if I have a specific time to eat then I won't end up super hungry and over eat, or eat somewhere super awful for me because I am not thinking straight.


3)Only have 3 meals a day. Common sense right? Not exactly. In Waco, there isn't much to do. One of the main hang out activities is eating, so there are days when I will inadvertently have four, or even five meals! 3 is the new number. If I go hang out with friends at a dining hall, I will have to force myself not to eat just because they are.



4)Gulp... only 2 cups of coffee a day.



5)Bigger gulp... chick fil a 1 time a week. I might cry.




But I can do this!
Because I want to be healthy.
Because I want to cherish the body that the Lord gave me and use it to the fullest.
Because there's no time like the present.
Because this is life and I am going to live it.
Watch me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment