photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Look what I did!

Quick post today y'all, I have a mound of homework to get to (such is college). At least its a gorgeous day and I have a nice table outside :)

This weekend I got crafty! I really shouldn't be allowed on the Martha Stewart aisle at Michael's. Its dangerous. There is so much glitter everywhere, my little girl self goes a bit insane. This time I stuck with two colors. Choosing which two was a little bit like choosing a favorite song. Impossible. And I didn't even need them for this project!

Okay enough about glitter. Remember when I was in Alabama a few weeks ago? Well the Bestie and I decided her wall needed some beautification. Oh dorm rooms. Sigh. So we went to Michaels and got the makings for three pictures: one for Louisiana (her home state), one for Bama (her home for the next 4 years), and Texas (because that's where she lives when she's not at school and boy oh boy is it great).

They turned out really well!

Louisiana:
She mightttt just be the biggest Saints fan in the world. 


Alabama:

(the final one had sweet home written on it in cursive)

"But wait," you cry. "Where is Texas?"

Ah yes. well. uh. you see I was having a very off day so my Texas one looked horrible. I am ashamed to call it mine. So I promised the Bestie I would paint her a new one this weekend.

Here it is!



The canvas was white which I painted to look like the Texas flag, and then I used cardstock cut in the shape of Texas which I filled with all of her favorite things about our home!

Some favorites:
-Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
-Escalantes
-Long car rides to David
-DASH
-Y'all
and of course, Rachel!

And that is the tale of my Texas picture! The canvas came in a two pack, so I most likely will be doing something else crafty so prepare for more crafty-ness in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. Geaux Saints!!! Also...Rachel is #1 on the favorites of Texas! Woohoo! I love the post and the Texas masterpiece looks AMAZING

    ReplyDelete