photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day Quil for the Soul


I'm sitting at an urgent care center right now waiting on a doctor. All of that sleep deprivation caught up with me an I got sick. I tried to ignore it, I tried to fight it, but woke up this morning feeling a bit like I-10 during 5 o'clock traffic.

The test I had studied so hard for? Couldn't take it.
The lunch plans I made? Missed those.

My whole life had to be put on hold so that I could deal with this illness. Blah. Yet the things I had planned would have been done halfway. My stubborn head would have kept doing them though! It's obnoxious, but this pause to get well will help me do everything better.

What if our souls made us stop like our bodies did? Think about it. When we are active in our prayer lives & active in the sacraments, we flourish. I don't know about you, but those weeks where Jesus is center are the best weeks I have. The weeks where He is just an extracurricular are rough. I feel a bit like the traffic again. Nothing moves like it should and I am not as productive as I should be.

We should give our souls check ups just like our bodies. We should listen to what they are telling us, instead of pushing it off. "I'll pray later, I'll go to daily mass next week, I don't need to go to confession." Let's face it, 'later' seldom occurs. We keep going 90 miles a minute, and wear out our minds, bodies, hearts, and souls. Let's quit it.

Spend sometime on your soul today. How's it doing? Are you living life to the fullest or halfway?







No comments:

Post a Comment