photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Saturday, January 12, 2013

SEEK

(Pretend I posted this on the 6th... that was the plan) 

Happy New Year!! It's been a long time. I spent my break catching up with friends and family, and there was not much time to write. It was so nice to be home though! 

I have spent the past week in Orlando Florida (after a 20 hour bus ride) with my wonderful church at Seek which is a national convention for college students put on by FOCUS, or the Fellowship of Catholic University Students. 


There were 6000 students there from all over the country! Not to mention 150 priests, a massive number of nuns, and a handful of bishops sprinkled in for good measure.


Also there were some of the most prestigious Catholic speakers in the country. We spent the week in talks learning about our amazing faith and worshiping our awesome God. I have to tell you, seeing 6000 college students together praising and adoring the Lord was one of the most incredible things I have ever seen. It gave me hope. 

The week has definitely inspired me. I have had a pretty strong faith life for a few years now but never shared that with anyone (case in point, this blog is one of the first ways I have tried). This conference changed that. Not only did they invigorate us with a passion for the Church and for God, but they equipped us to spread the Gospel with truth and light. We want to help the world and we want to love the world like Jesus did. 

The founder of FOCUS had the honor of meeting with Blessed Pope John Paul the 2nd before he passed away. Chris asked the Pope  if there was anything that he wanted to share with us. He simply said, "Be soldiers." 


Sounds like a plan :) 




















No comments:

Post a Comment