photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Monday, January 14, 2013

It's Official!


I am one of those sorority girls.


*pause for girlish shriek*

This week has been one of the most stressful ones of my life. I went through Recruitment at Baylor to see if I could go Greek. I went in with an open mind because literally all of the chapters at my school are wonderful with something unique to offer. In the end though, I knew my heart was with Delta Delta Delta. 


When I picture what a sorority should be, they are what comes to mind. I think of a close knit sisterhood that supports and loves one another, challenges its members to become better women and better daughters of God, is classy, ladylike, and has a ton of fun. All of those things are present in Tri Delt. Not only do I feel like I fit in and have a great time there, but I see ladies that I want to be like in four years. It is a great place to be.


I think that my favorite part of Recruitment this week was Pref Day. It was the last day before bid day so we were all a little massively stressed out and I knew that I wanted to be a Delta. Their party was filled with beauty and filled with the Lord. Brittney and Taylor, two members who are also theatre majors with me, prayed over me during the party. I was blown away by these magnificent women of God. They spoke with such trust and assurance that it gave me peace. I didn't know where I would end up, but I was reaffirmed in the perfect plan crafted by our perfect God.

Brittney, Taylor, and I at the Pearl Jam (I had to wear Pj's- It was a blast!)

That night was one of the longest of my life! My friend Alex and I were going CRAZY waiting. 

Proof. 
After spending around 6 hours watching Friends (I got the whole series for Christmas #obsessed), we were going to pull our hair out if we don't get out of the room. So we got into my car and started to drive. We may or may not have been jamming out to HannahMontana & Hilary Duff. What can I say? Waiting on bid day makes you cray. 

My iPhone background all week. It kept me sane. 

I have been relying on the plan all week y'all. I know that we have a God who is perfect and who made us to be utterly happy.With that confidence, Recruitment was so much easier. I knew that the Lord had my best interests at heart, and would put me where I needed to be. How lucky we are! I don't know how I could have done it without Him. So thankful to know I never have to. 

And now for your enjoyment:




What it looks like to wait on a Bid. 

What it looks like to get a bid. 
Sisters!!

First official Delta picture with the amazing Taylor!! 

Three Times Better with Only One Letter.

Gosh I love being a Tri Delt.

















1 comment: