photo abouttab_zps2ec38791.jpg  photo contacttab_zpsb518a2fa.jpg  photo faithtab_zps195e3070.jpg  photo fashiontab_zps0ecc5eb9.jpg  photo foodtab_zpse27fec0c.jpg  photo funtab_zps0caf03e0.jpg  photo life_zps7ec308a3.jpg

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Confession.

I had to go today.

It's awful and wonderful at the same time. I hate having to go before Father and tell him how I have royally screwed up since the last time I've been in the confessional. Yet, at the end, the slate is wiped clean and I get to start over.

Did y'all get that?

The sins are gone. 

I noticed something this past week as the days went by and I hadn't been. It was harder to pray. Spending time with Scripture was not a huge priority. I wasn't as nice as I wished I was. And damaging thoughts in my head were not only louder, they were more believable.

"Who says you're good?"
"Who could want a sinner like you?"
"You are so unworthy."

The grace usually recieved in Communion at Sunday Mass combats these thoughts. Because I couldn't recieve, the thoughts have been overpowering me because there wasn't grace fighting them off. I have been feeling so stained that I have avoided St. Peter's all week.

It has been hard.

But the wonderful thing is that now I am sin free! They have been forgiven and fogotten. I am acutely aware of the physical nature forgiveness. For when Father says the words of absolution this feeling of peace comes over me. It's like jumping into a cool pool after a long hot day. So refreshing.

I heard a lovely story that represents confession. It is like when a small child tells a fib to a loving Father. The Father knows that the child is good, and wants to comfort the child and tell her it's okay. But He waits. The little girl is obviously feeling bad, but waits to go to the Father. She is scared that He will be mad. When she finally tells him her fib, her eyes bright with tears, He scoops her up and tells her that it's okay, He loves her, and He forgives her. All he was doing was waiting for her to come to him.

That's what God wants to do to us! He knows the sin that burdens our hearts and He loves us so much that He took those burdens and hung them on the cross. He wants to hold us and tell us that it is okay! He loves us and forgives us. All we have to do is ask.

I challenge you to go to confession if you need to. It is a hard thing, one of the hardest things, but y'all the grace is magnificent. The Lord is waiting for you with open arms. Run to your Daddy and let Him tell you that all is okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment